I'll admit, 2014 was a rough year for a lot of people. I know the world seemed to be falling apart at times. My year had ups and downs. I count myself lucky because whatever my problems may be, it's always compared to what. I have a home, a job, loving friends and family. A craft that I love. And I'm still thrilled with what the future might hold!
So with the future in mind, it's time to post my 2015 goals!
But first, let's see how I did with 2014.
Here are my 2014 goals with the result in red:
- Blog less. Alas, it's true. I can't keep up with the posts, comments and return visits and still write. Something's gotta give. So, I'm on blog hiatus until April, then I'll be back blogging one day per week. And, I'll be doing the A-Z through Untethered Realms. It helps to share the load :) I'll still be on Facebook and Twitter if you want or need help promoting in that way. I'd love to help. DONE! I definitely blogged less and did the A-Z through Untethered Realms.
- Implement a writing schedule. Since I've been working full time, I have seriously neglected my writing, and I miss it terribly. My new schedule will be 2-3 hours Monday and Thursday nights, and whatever I can fit in on weekends. DONE! Only I had to approach it from a different angle. I'm not, and never have been, a high energy person. No way can I spend 8 - 10 hours at the office and then write for another 2 - 3 hours at home. So, I set a word count of 2500 words per week instead, and did it on the weekends. I have a very understanding hubby.
- Publish my three-novella series by May or June. The first one is done, the second is outlined and the third is just a glimmer. DONE. Again, not exactly as planned. But all three novellas from the Afterlife series were released in October and November, with the print version in December.
- Publish my short story in the first anthology (of a 4-part series) with my Untethered Realms group in October. Then work on the second/third story. DONE. We published in October. I started the second short story in December.
- Work on my idea for a new series. They might be novellas, I haven't decided. My goal is to outline and write the first novella. NOT DONE. I worked on the idea, outlined and even wrote the first chapter, but that's as far as I got.
- Explore screenwriting. TECHNICALLY DONE. I did explore a screenwriting class and almost started it in September, but decided I was too busy with revisions on the novella series and getting it published to take a class.
- And yes, the perpetual goal of losing weight, exercising and getting healthy; physically, mentally and spiritually. BLEH! Enough said.
Now on to my 2015 goals:
- Blog once per week, with intermittent blog posts over at Untethered Realms. Make a point to visit at least five blogs per week that I don't visit routinely.
- Write and publish a short story in the anthology with my Untethered Realms group.
- Write and publish three novellas in my new series.
- OR, think about submitting the novellas for traditional publishing. I'm still pondering this one.
- Start on a new Indigo Eady novel because I can't stand the thought of not writing her anymore.
- Think about taking a screenwriting class once again.
- Be more proactive about posting on my Facebook author page. Perhaps give snippets of my WIPs combined with graphic designs.
- Update my website and blog.
How was your year?
What are your 2015 goals?