Wednesday, November 1, 2017

IWSG: Do You NaNo?


It's The Insecure Writer's Support Group Day! On the first Wednesday of every month,  writers share the ups and downs of the writing life and offer support to our comrades-in-arms. To sign up, go HERE

Thanks to our Ninja Captain Alex Cavanaugh and this month's support team: Tonja Drecker, Diane Burton, MJ Fifield, and Rebecca Douglass!

And speaking of the IWSG...I submitted a story to the IWSG short story anthology contest. When I read that this year's genre was mystery/crime/thriller with a time-based theme, I wrote a short story called, A Stitch in Crime. My insecurity? I write sweet and cozy mysteries. It's like decaf coffee in a caffeinated world, you know? But I do love the story and am happy with it. And of course, I can't wait to read the anthology when it comes out because I know it's going to be awesome!

This month's optional question is: Win or not, do you usually finish your NaNo project? Have any of them gone on to be published?

I haven't done NaNoWriMo--yet. But I participated in BuNoWriMo. Same thing, different month. I won, but it was touch and go. The result was like a puzzle I had to put together: the border was nice and neat, but the body of the puzzle didn't have a color scheme to go by for easy fitting. LOL. Eventually I published A Guilty Ghost Surprised. Next time I'll know to do a better job on the outline.

What about you?

Did you enter the IWSG short story anthology contest?

Have you done NaNoWriMo? How'd it go?




19 comments:

  1. I've never done NaNo. I've never had that much time in any month to do something like that. Awesome that you submitted to the anthology. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie, I’m proud of myself for finally getting something together to submit!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, good luck with your anthology entry! I'm sure it's great.
    Love the Christmas themed header for your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I love my header! I could stare st it forever. Lol.

      Delete
  3. I've participated in BuNo before!
    Good luck with the anthology contest. I'm not judging them since I'm the one who sees the author, but I did glance at yours and I like the character you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for entering your short story for the anthology. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s my first time, and I really enjoyed writing the story. Thanks for hosting, Diane!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your anthology entry! A sweet and cozy mystery sounds fun. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy writing cozy, Heather. Makes me happy ^_^

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the anthology contest! The cozy mysteries I've read of yours I've enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie, you’ll be familiar with these characters!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your anthology entry! Your header is really cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BuNoWriMo that is a new for me. Sounds interesting. I am doing Nano though. Happy Writing Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BuNo takes place in June, but it’s the same thing, just less well known. Good luck on NaNo, you got this!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on entering the anthology! And I love that "Stitch in Crime." Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No one likes a messy puzzle.

    I know which story is yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The information you've provided in this blog is relevant and up to the mark, really such useful information on List of facility management service provider in Delhi, websites India, liked the most. Well, there is one more classified website which will give you advance detail for this sort of topicswww.helpadya.com

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.