Wednesday, April 3, 2019

#IWSG and the Final Chapter Wish



It's Insecure Writer's Support Group Day! If you'd like to join go HERE. 

Thanks to Alex Cavanaugh and this month's co-hosts for making this event happen: J.H. Moncrieff, Natalie Aguirre, Patsy Collins, and Chemist Ken. 


Optional question: If you could use a wish to help you write just ONE scene/chapter of your book, which one would it be?


Optional answer (LOL): I'd use my wish to write the last chapter of my novel.  I  never know how to end a book! It's like ending an awkward phone conversation after a long pause, right before you say, "Well...bye."

What I want the final chapter to be is fun and clever and full of hope and satisfaction. Heh. Yeah, all of that. LOL. 


What would you use your writing wish for?

24 comments:

  1. That's true about the endings of stories. I've only finished one manuscript so I haven't experienced the problem much yet. Hopefully I will soon if I can learn to write faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The awkward phone call - good analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *LOL* Endings are tricky, especially as a pantser. And resisting the urge to go "TA-DA!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa! I go TA-DA at the end of every day. It's quite the accomplishment to get through a day!

      Delete
  4. I can end it I just need help getting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's where the awkwardness comes in, LOL.

      Delete
  5. My middle is my angst. However, endings could use a wish too. Happy IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that sentiment more than once today. Happy IWSG Day!

      Delete
  6. I struggle with that, too, but I always freak out about the first chapter more than any of the other ones.
    Happy IWSG day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only finished short stories but I get what you are saying as I have had that problem with them. A novel I can't get past the middle so that is my beast. Happy IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my short story endings are hard! But middles—so tough!

      Delete
  8. I'm with you. That last chapter can be a difficult one to write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Ending an awkward phone conversation." And that is why God made text messaging! I'm more a muddled middle struggler. But let's face it, the whole damn book is a challenge to write!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hard to know when you’ve wrapped things up enough but not too much! And then I try to leave the reader with a sense that more could happen (since I’m working on a series).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am horrible at ending things (blog posts, phone conversations, books, etc), as well! This would be a great wish :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am completely agree with you, I am an amazing fan of your site, genuine guard post Keep making such stunning post,


    Thanks for sharing.



    Best dermatologist doctor in jaipur



    Regards

    Sameer

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.