Tuesday, February 6, 2024

#IWSG : Are You Like Peppermint Patty?

It's Insecure Writer's Support Group Day! There is a lot to learn from this group and all writers are welcome. If you'd like to join us, click on this LINK. 

Many thanks to our host, Alex Cavanaugh, and this month's co-hosts, Janet Alcorn, SE White, Victoria Marie Lees, and Cathrina Constantine, for making this event happen. 

This month's optional question is: What turns you off when visiting an author's website/blog? Lack of information? A drone of negativity? Little mention of author's books? Constant mention of books?

Droning is a huge turn-off. That's when I skim. Ha! I think I just realized why the teacher on Charlie Brown only says "wah wah wah". 

It looks like Peppermint Patty agrees...





What is your biggest turn-off when you visit websites/blogs? 



18 comments:

  1. I agree that droning on is a turn off. I'm glad I don't usually see it on the blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly not, but sometimes...that's when I skim and pick something to comment on.

      Delete
  2. I'll never watch a Charlie Brown special the same way again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I avoid the droners. Nothing new to say and it's not positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those long winded blogs do tend to spout negativity.

      Delete
  4. Droners go away. And I like that teacher on Charlie Brown. I think I had her in middle school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! But really, that teacher doesn't speak for long.

      Delete
  5. Clutter. I like simple, easy to navigate websites. I shouldn't have to read an instruction manual to peruse a site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly. It's aggravating having to slog through a website to find something.

      Delete
  6. You had me at your blogpost title. Then I saw the YT video and I started dying. But yeah, I get it. Personally, I don't like cluttered or too hard to navigate websites. And now, droners too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the title. When I thought about droning, this scene came to mind. I personally don't like clutter either.

      Delete
  7. We all seem to agree. No droning on, then?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to skim long articles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I don't have time for really long posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that people have a lot to say, but I just don’t need to know everything lol.

      Delete