But first - today is the first day of 2013's Insecure Writer's Support Group posting. We "meet" on the first Wednesday of every month. If you're a writer and need advice, encouragement or friendship, you can sign up HERE. Thank you to Alex Cavanaugh for hosting, and extra thanks for his helpers this month, Tyrean Martinson and Jamie Gibbs. The membership list has become quite lengthy, so they're helping Alex so that everyone on the list receives a visit and support.
(yeah, they change from month to month, hence the need for an ongoing support group!)
I'm going to make this a short list, as my goals are intended to help me with my insecurities:
- Marketing myself (I cringe at this, feeling like I'm begging for attention and screaming, "It's all about me! Everybody look at me!" How can I be a wallflower, when I'm screaming me, me, me!?)
- Writing ability (Even though I've written a book, I still feel insecure about my writing ability. I could be better).
- Indie Services (My new business. Who do I think I am and what makes me think I can do this?)
I think that with more experience, I can soothe some of my insecurities/fears. I know I am the only person that can do this for me. I have to do it myself. Good thing I'm in the habit of taking the bull by the horns, even if I'm not a very good bullfighter. So - here's the plan:
- Schedule. Come up with a work schedule that includes everything I need/want to do, to include: writing, editing, new business and networking (blogging, Facebook, Twitter, GoodReads, Pinterest, etc.). I spend too much time online and need to curb mywandering and loitering habit. This will be done by next week.
- Editing. Finish editing my second novel, A Guilty Ghost Surprised. Complete by March 1st.
- Writing. Write/edit a novella as part of my Indigo Eady paranormal mystery series. Before June.
- Write a first draft of the third book in the Indigo Eady paranormal mystery series. By December.
- Reviews. Ask for them. *cringing*
- Market my formatting/editing business as well as myself. *really cringing now*
This will do for a start.
How do you fit everything in to your schedule?
What are your plans/goals?