Wednesday, October 2, 2013

IWSG and What The Ectoplasm Is That?



Today is Insecure Writer's Support Group Day.
Thank you Alex Cavanaugh for hosting this wonderful group. I've been debating whether or not to post about my insecurities while I'm actually celebrating the release of my new book - it just doesn't seem right. So today I'd just like to encourage my writer friends instead. Some days it seems like you're not making progress, maybe even going backwards. But if you just keep moving forward and stay focused on your dream, one way or another you'll make it happen. I took my dreams into my own hands and now I have two books published.

Trust me, if I can do it, so can you. There are many ways to fulfill your dreams. So ride that milky way and jump for the stars (and yeah, watch out for the asteroids on the way).

***

AND NOW...

Blitz Tour, Day Two!


Another KPIP radio show and of course a couple with Franny, the hostess with the mostess with her madamly expertise and other fun and informative posts.

Today's stops are here:
 Also, don't miss episode 3
of PiPs blogcom miniseries:  

15 comments:

  1. LOL I can see why talking about your insecurities during your book release can be a downer. Fortunately my book release will fall between the two ISWG Wednesdays, and I'm away on vacation (freaking out about my release) for the first one. I might have to take your lead on what you did. :D

    Good luck with book 2, Gwen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'll bring my insecurities back out next month :) Good luck on your tour - I'd love to help out :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for those words of encouragement Gwen! And congrats on your book release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ESPECIALLY on a book release day are insecurites expected. We work so hard on our books, pour our hearts and creative dreams into them. Then, on release day, we send our books into the cruel, unfeeling world as parents with their vulnerable children. You can be forgiven insecurities on that day above all others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely insecure about pushing my book out of the nest, Roland. Just trying to put a stiff upper lip on the face of it, LOL!

      Delete
  4. You need the encouragement now more than the insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippidee skippidee! I bought the book. Yup. See, couldn't wait after finishing the first one. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? Gah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, you were the one! Just kidding, but thank you soooo much!

      Delete
  6. Hey, if I can, anyone can as well!!
    Still making the rounds and will visit a couple of those folks soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, Alex. I never dreamed I could do something like write a book!

      Delete
  7. Yes, I know the feeling of not seeming to get anywhere. I am finding I am easily distracted. I need to focus on my goals. Congrats on the new release Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again on book #2! Thanks for your encouraging words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome encouragement. And congrats on your new book!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.