Thursday, April 18, 2013

A - Z: Psychometry or Psycho?

A - Z Challenge 2013:
The Paranormal Case Files of Indigo Eady
 
 
Hey bloggers! I’m Indigo Eady and I play the leading role in Givin’ Up The Ghost, A Guilty Ghost Surprised and Second Death, written by Gwen Gardner.  I've had some pretty interesting paranormal experiences, to say the least. I mean, just look at those titles!
So I’ve been asked by Gwen to host and share some of my paranormal case files for the A-Z Challenge.
I’m always happy to help Gwen out. Right now I’m trying to get on her good side so she’ll ease up on the clumsy angle of my character. And maybe she’ll even give me a little more confidence, especially around boys. Oh, and I’d totally love it if she made my bubble butt just a little bit smaller. So—you know—if you enjoy my case files, maybe you could put in a good word for me…

 ********************
 
P is for Psychometry, or as Simon says, that psycho thing.
 
Psychometry is reading the energy of someone or something through touch. Unfortunately for me, I have a heightened sense of psychometry that backfires more often than not, as you see in this scene from Givin' Up The Ghost....

 
I took a deep breath, ignoring the increased sense of foreboding that crept up my spine. I shot Badger an apologetic look. “This one’s for the team – I’m going in. Cover me.” I grinned fearfully as I wrapped my hand around the glass and instantly the film began to roll. I closed my eyes and forced myself to breathe slowly...slowly...

“Shelly, I only want to talk to him.”

“He’s busy, Stephen. If you’ll call and make an appointment...”

Stephen slammed his fist on the desk. Shelly jumped back, eyes wide, visibly scared.

“Get him for me. Now!”

Bart burst from an inner door, immediately taking in the situation. Enraged, he rushed toward Stephen, screaming in his face. “Stephen, if you come here again, I will report you. Now get out!” Bart shoved him roughly, causing Stephen to stumble back, slightly off balance.

Stephen yelled angrily back. “You think you’re so mighty, Bart Bagley. Just you wait. Nobody messes with Stephen Clarke and gets away with it. I’ll kill you first!”

Stephen shook a threatening finger at Bart...

“Indigo!”

I opened my eyes. My head pounded as I lay sprawled amidst broken glass on the sticky floor of Dickey Dan’s. The rank odor of stale beer assaulted my senses and I quickly rolled over and upchucked right there. All over Badger’s boots. All four of them. Looking up, I tried to focus. Badger stood there. Both of him. “Double the pleasure.” I giggled, and lay back. The room spun. “Whoa, someone stop this thing and let me off.”

Arms pulled me up. A distant voice said, “Here now, we don’t allow public drunkenness in ‘ere. You’ve got to get ‘er out!”

Badger’s voice swam to me through a sea of booze. “Come on, Indigo, you’ve got to stand up. Stand up, okay?” He propped me against the bar as he dug in his pocket, throwing a handful of pound notes on the bar.

“No prob, I can do that.” But I couldn’t. My knees buckled and I still saw double. My stomach churned again.

Looping his arm through the chin straps of the helmets, Badger wrapped his other arm around me, half dragging me out into the alley.

I grinned up at him. “You’re very kind, ya know? Helpin’ me out like this. Plush,” I slurred, “you’re cute, too.” Oh God, I thought through an alcoholic daze, please tell me I didn’t just say that out loud.
 
*****
 
Just for the record, I've never had a drink in my life!
 
Psychometry is all about energy. And energy is something you can sense.
Have you ever had a sixth sense about something?
 
_____________
A - Z Related Links:

18 comments:

  1. Oh Indigo, that was definitely one taken for the team. Sounds like you got some interesting info from the scene you experienced using your pyschometry. But boy were the after-effects just, well, terrible.

    I can't say I've experienced a sixth sense kind of thing, though, like others, I've have that foreboding feeling where the hairs on the back of your neck stand up because the energy around has changed. Interesting how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can notice the hairs on the back of your neck standing up, then you've definitely experienced ESP, Angela. Just gotta pay attention when you feel things like that :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't, but I think the idea is so cool. Although it might be a "be careful what you wish for" thing. If I ever did have it I'd probably totally freak out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I still kinda freak out...

      Delete
  3. Glad I don't have that sense. I'd be in overload mode every day.

    J.L. Campbell writes Jamaican Kid Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my world, Miss Campbell!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, so then you gotta follow through :)

      Delete
  5. Psychometry does both good and bad for the user.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. He is soooo cute, but, well, we're just friends, you know?

      Delete
  7. Ahhh the pros and cons of such a delicate "gift"! Fun excerpt as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it can be both helpful and detrimental...

      Delete
  8. Sometimes I think so, but then get creeped out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Indigo,

    Sorry for the upset, but you did find out some vital information! Besides, I think Badger has a crush on you.. If he didn't he would've freaked when you barfed on his favorite boots.

    He grabbed hold of you and eased outside into the fresh air. What else could a girl ask for? A strong pair of arms to guide you through life's uncertainties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!

    Keep up the amazing works guys I've you guys to blogroll.

    My web blog сколько стоит бронь на авиабилеты

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.