Friday, April 26, 2013

A - Z: Which Witch is Which?

A - Z Challenge 2013:
The Paranormal Case Files of Indigo Eady
 
 
Hey bloggers! I’m Indigo Eady and I play the leading role in Givin’ Up The Ghost, A Guilty Ghost Surprised and Second Death, written by Gwen Gardner.  I've had some pretty interesting paranormal experiences, to say the least. I mean, just look at those titles!
So I’ve been asked by Gwen to host and share some of my paranormal case files for the A-Z Challenge.
I’m always happy to help Gwen out. Right now I’m trying to get on her good side so she’ll ease up on the clumsy angle of my character. And maybe she’ll even give me a little more confidence, especially around boys. Oh, and I’d totally love it if she made my bubble butt just a little bit smaller. So—you know—if you enjoy my case files, maybe you could put in a good word for me…
********************
 
 
 
W is for Which Witch is Which?
 
Let’s get this straight. I am not a witch, even though I’ve been accused of it more than once. I spend so much time trying to tell people what I’m not…well, never mind.
So let’s take these points one by one. According to Bing’s dictionary, the definition of a witch is:

1. somebody with alleged magic powers: somebody, especially a woman, who is supposed to have magical or wonder-working powers that are most often used malevolentlynow I ask you, if I had magical powers, would I always be in so much trouble?
2. follower of nature religion: a follower of Wicca, a pre-Christian natural religion another no-go. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m currently angry at God for taking my father.
3. offensive term: an offensive term that deliberately insults a woman regarded as ugly, vicious, or malicious ( insult )Admittedly, I’m no natural beauty, but I don’t consider myself ugly, vicious or malicious
4. seductive woman: a woman who is regarded as alluring or seductive ( informal ) ( sometimes offensive )Ummmm, I’ve barely even had my first kiss and given my current awkwardness—well let’s just say that nobody would consider me a seductress.
 
So you see? I'm not a witch!

In yesterday’s ‘V’ category, Hannah (the ghostly wench from the Blind Badger) briefly mentioned her love of modern technology. For a seventeenth century serving girl, you can imagine how fascinating it is, especially cell phones. But like she said, in her time, simply possessing a cell phone would have been grounds for being burned as witches:
 “… There never was such a thing in my time.” She leaned in and whispered, “You lot would have been burned for witches.” She said it with relish, as if a day at a hanging was the best entertainment ever.
 
Even though I’ve taken a lot of flak for my psychic abilities during the admittedly strange sixteen years of my existence, it’s still better to be living in the 21st century rather than the 17th. Because Hannah’s right. We would have been burnt at the stake as witches, right after the Sabrina Witch Trials. Or maybe before.
 
In any case, we would have been the spotlighted entertainment with the agonizing screams riding upon the smoke until nothing but ashes remained.
And the psychic girl would have been the opening act.
I’m grateful that there are no such beings as witches.
So really, let’s take a moment to bow our heads in thankfulness that this is the 21st century.
 
What have you done that would have gotten you burned as a witch?
 
_________________


20 comments:

  1. Tweeted!

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelly! It's so nice that you always tweet. I tend to forget about tweeting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Sheena. I know I can always count on you :)

      Delete
  3. Indigo, I just adore you, am waiting to read the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so excited to have a fan, seriously.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree, Mr. Alex :)

      Delete
  5. I believe you, Indigo. You're not a witch! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support, Miss Julie. It means a lot :)

      Delete
  6. I'm glad we no longer rely on such things for entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so with you on that one, Mr. Nick :)

      Delete
  7. Greetings Indigo Eady,

    I know, I know, you've been wondering where I got to. Yet, you sensed I was going to comment. Having established you are no witch, I suppose you can't answer the following question. Is it true that beginner witches get really angry and fly off the handle?

    I made Jessica Rabbit ever so jealous of my long red hair. I sense a burning coming on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, actually Klahanie, I believe they fly off the (broom) handle because they're inexperienced and it has nothing to do with anger at all ;) And the best of luck with Jessica!

      Delete
  8. So much fun info about Indigo! I don't think I see any witches around here...Nice to see you again! How are you doing? Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, no witches here! It's great to see you again, Ink!

      Delete
  9. You're not a witch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree, Miss Medeia :)

      Delete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.