Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A-Z: Zagana

A - Z Challenge 2013:
The Paranormal Case Files of Indigo Eady
 
 
Hey bloggers! I’m Indigo Eady and I play the leading role in Givin’ Up The Ghost, A Guilty Ghost Surprised and Second Death, written by Gwen Gardner.  I've had some pretty interesting paranormal experiences, to say the least. I mean, just look at those titles!
So I’ve been asked by Gwen to host and share some of my paranormal case files for the A-Z Challenge.
I’m always happy to help Gwen out. Right now I’m trying to get on her good side so she’ll ease up on the clumsy angle of my character. And maybe she’ll even give me a little more confidence, especially around boys. Oh, and I’d totally love it if she made my bubble butt just a little bit smaller. So—you know—if you enjoy my case files, maybe you could put in a good word for me…

********************
 
Z is for Zagana.
 
Zagana is one of the fallen angels turned demon, and is now one of Lucifer’s henchmen. I had the displeasure of meeting her far underground. Further underground than any live person has a right to be. She is the leader of the Shadow People. She also commands legions of demons, as well as protects them from anyone who would interfere with her evil intentions.

Yeah, Zagana and I don’t see eye to eye, needless to say. Here is a scene from when I had the displeasure of meeting her acquaintance:
 
“What do you want with us? And what did you do with Franny?” Yeah, I was sort of hiding behind Badger during my bit of bravado. I never actually claimed to be brave.
“I do not know what you mean,” said Zagana. “And perhaps I should remind you that you dropped in on meuninvited.” A hint of menace laced her deep, but feminine voice. Her darkness hovered over the whole wall, about ten feet tall and almost as wide. The smell and her very essence made us back up several steps. Actually, we ended up backs against the door with nowhere else to go.
“W-w-well,” I said, lifting my chin. “W-w-we’ll just be on our way then. R-r-right after you tell us where Franny and her friends are.”
“HAHAHAHAHA! You are an amusing little plaything.” She drifted further into the room, and if possible, grew another few feet. Or maybe it was the huge shadow she seemed to cast on every wall. “And I do love playing,” she cackled. “Perhaps I do know something about your friends.” She hover-paced a few steps before turning back to me. “And a lot about you.” Red laser beam eyes pinned me to the door.
I shivered. “W-what do you know about me?” I was starting to suspect I knew about her as well. I didn’t know much about demons—except that they seemed to favor red eyes. And hers were blood red. And then there was the rumor that they stole lives of those close to death. And souls. They fed on souls.
***
Have you ever had to be brave when scared witless? Without stuttering, I mean?
 
________________
A - Z Related Links:

Creepy Cotillion
Volatile Vortex

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! Indigo and I both worked really hard :)

      Delete
  2. I love the way you brought the two characters together in one post! I will have to read some of your books. They sound like my type of books. I love paranormal! :)
    #1196
    A to Z April Blogging Challenge
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/z-is-for-zipper/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Debra. I'd love for you to read all about my misadventures!

      Delete
  3. Your books sound like fun. In THREE SPIRIT KNIGHT, I have a character named Indigo as a tip of my Stetson to you, by the way. She is the daughter of Nott and is a Nott-ty girl! :-)

    And on the streets of New Orleans after Katrina with no home and no power to the whole city, I was always scared and trying to hide it!!

    Wheeee! We finished the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name Indigo, but my Indigo is a good girl. Except for her misadventures, which she really can't help.

      I'm glad you made it through Katrina, Roland. I'd be scared too.

      Delete
  4. Now would be a good time to turn tail and run.
    Congratulations on finishing the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alex, we ran so fast out of there! And we all escaped in one piece, although it was touch and go for a while.

      Delete
  5. Yikes, this is scary!

    You did such a great job with the Challenge, I loved learning more about Indigo and her adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along, Julie. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations in completing the A to Z Challenge.

    Yvonne
    A to Z AMBASSADOR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne. Congrats to you, as well!

      Delete
  7. Hopefully she didn't steal Fanny's soul. She's already dead.

    Thank you for helping me with the list this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all made it out, Miss Wolfe, but I'm afraid it's not over yet...

      Delete
  8. Zagana is creepy. Be careful Indigo. Thank you Gwen for an exciting A-Z on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to be careful, Miss Graham. Unfortunately, I think Zagana has a lot to do with the missing ghosts!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your support during the A-Z, Sheena! Congrats on finishing to you, as well!

      Delete
  9. Sometimes bravery requires hiding behind someone else. Happy Z Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Miss Pax. Especially when you're hiding behind someone big!

      Delete
  10. Nasty piece of work she sounds! Congrats on finishing, Gwen. I loved Indigo's voice and reading about her paranormal adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure Gwen really appreciates all of your hard work. You did a fabulous job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent Z day! Congrats on finishing the Challenge. :) I do my best to be brave without stuttering. I do turn bright red when I have to speak in front of people, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on reaching the finish line, Indigo! I've really enjoyed your excerpts and can't wait to read "Givin' Up The Ghost"!
    Cheers!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds very interesting! I'll have to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.