Happy New Year!
Thanks, Alex Cavanaugh, for hosting the Insecure Writer's Support Group, the best go-to spot in the blogoverse for writer support.
You threw out some challenges, but I'm ever so grateful you offered some solutions, as well.
Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve. Perhaps an ace or maybe even some magic???
I'm very excited for the new year. It's a time to set new goals, reaffirm old ones, refresh our spirits and guide our souls anew.
I'm looking forward to it all!
My resolution for 2014 is to be proactive with my writing goals. And, here they are:
- Blog less. Alas, it's true. I can't keep up with the posts, comments and return visits and still write. Something's gotta give. So, I'm on blog hiatus until April, then I'll be back blogging one day per week. And, I'll be doing the A-Z through Untethered Realms. It helps to share the load :) I'll still be on Facebook and Twitter if you want or need help promoting in that way. I'd love to help.
- Implement a writing schedule. Since I've been working full time, I have seriously neglected my writing, and I miss it terribly. My new schedule will be 2-3 hours Monday and Thursday nights, and whatever I can fit in on weekends.
- Publish my three-novella series by May or June. The first one is done, the second is outlined and the third is just a glimmer.
- Publish my short story in the first anthology (of a 4-part series) with my Untethered Realms group in October. Then work on the second/third story.
- Work on my idea for a new series. They might be novellas, I haven't decided. My goal is to outline and write the first novella.
- Explore screenwriting.
- And yes, the perpetual goal of losing weight, exercising and getting healthy; physically, mentally and spiritually.
I think I'm being pretty ambitious, but I'd really, really like to get it all done.
What about you, what are your goals for the new year?