Wednesday, June 7, 2023

#IWSG What Would You Do?



 It's Insecure Writer's support Group Day!

If you'd like to join, go HERE

Thanks to our our founder and host, Alex Cavanaugh, and this month's co-hosts,  Patrcia Josephine, Diedre Knight, Olga Godim, J. Lenni Dorner, and Cathrina Constantine!

This month's optional question is: 

If you ever stop writing, what would you replace it with?

I wouldn't have a problem keeping busy. As it is, I have lots of things I want to do that I put to the side so I can write. So in no order in particular:

  • Travel more (yeah, I could do this now, but...)
  • Plan and take more hikes and day trips
  • Make hiking sticks (I made 2 years ago, and am working on another one now)
  • Kayaking (I don't have one, but I want one...)
  • Archery (Don't have bows or arrows)
  • Knitting (learn how to. I have some needles and yarn and I'm sure YouTube could show me how!)
  • Baking (learn how to, LOL. I recently took up making sourdough bread)
  • Painting (Not a painter, but I love Impressionism--I think I could do it! YouTube has videos!)
  • Paint Rocks (again, not a painter but...)
  • Gardening (I wish my backyard wasn't so hilly!)
  • Learn graphic design
  • Become a better photographer (I actually have dark room equipment)
  • Learn how to create mini films
  • Pottery (I've had a potter's wheel forever, but don't use it. I took 2 semesters in college. I'm so glad I took these classes for credit only. LOL.). 
  • Buy a telescope and stargaze
  • Study the bible (I have a study bible but getting through the Old Testament is seriously testing me!)
Having listed all these things, I'm really not very creatively talented, but I think I could be okay with a little practice. I have so many interests, and so little time!

What would you do if you quit writing?
Do you make time for other creative endeavors? 
What are your hobbies? 


17 comments:

  1. Like you, I have lots of other interests, like reading and gardening, that would keep me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how varied your interests are. When I wrote my post I was in a bad mood (eek!) so my answer was a nap. Now that I've had some sleep I remember all the other things I like to do. At the moment, I think I'd like to pick up photography again.

    Here's a link to my IWSG post: https://www.charitybradford-riverford.com/post/iwsg-the-pit-of-despair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naps are good ;) I love photography. I took 2 semesters of B&W in college and still have my cameras. Someday...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes I am, LOL. I'm not one to sit and watch television for long. I get antsy.

      Delete
  4. That's an impressive list of alternatives! I like the stargazing idea. Maybe even storm chasing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good storm! Storm chasing requires leaving the house in a storm, though. I like to be at home during those times LOL.

      Delete
  5. You have lots of creative ideas and pursuits waiting for you to have time. Looks like you'd be fine :) I am always working to balance the writing time vs. all the other things I like to do, especially travel. It's actually one reason I've not even pursued traditional publishing--I don't want deadlines that might interfere with a sudden decision to head for the hills (or the canyons).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, deadlines aren't too appealing. At least self publishing, even self imposed deadlines, can be flexible.

      Delete
  6. You have lots of fun things you could do. And yes, there are plenty of YouTube videos for anything you want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I spend way too much time on YouTube LOL!

      Delete
  7. I have a sourdough starter but I'm afraid to try it and mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the good thing is if you mess it up, you and start over and try again. Just use some of it and save the rest.

      Delete
  8. So many things to do! I love all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.