Wednesday, May 1, 2013

IWSG, A-Z Complete and A Bloggy Break!

 
The Insecure Writer's Support Group
 

The first Wednesday of every month is reserved for the Insecure Writer's Support Group, where we tell the world our fears about being writers. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for hosting. If you'd like to sign up, go HERE.

So --a few months ago I worried that the novella series I wanted to write was a bit over the top. Well, I'm still worried about that, but I've written the first one, and if you followed my blog during the A-Z Challenge, then you read quite a bit about Second Death in addition to excerpts from Givin' Up The Ghost and A Guilty Ghost Surprised. It's so funny and silly that I write about ghosts and my real worry was adding a demon to the mix! (That was the Z post yesterday.) I mean, like ghosts aren't over the top but demons are? *shakes head* Anyway, people who followed my A-Z posts seemed to enjoy them, so thank you so much to everyone who stopped by to comment.

The 2013 A-Z Challenge
Mission Complete!





I finished! Even though my posts were pre-written, it was still a lot of work commenting and visiting every day. I loved everyone's creativity and it was such an awesome experience. I was a minion, too, one of Spunky's Soldiers!

 
Congratulations to everyone who finished! And to those who didn't, well, life does tend to get in the way, doesn't it? But really, my hat is off to those who hold a full time job and were still able to complete the A-Z! I don't know how they do it unless they're into cloning like the Ninja Captain, Alex Cavanaugh!
 
 
Thanks so much to everyone who put the A-Z Challenge together and made it run smoothly. Let's give a big hand to the A to Z Hosts, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Damyanti Biswas, Tina Downey, DL Hammons, Jeremy Hawkins, Shannon Lawrence Matthew MacNish Konstanz Silverbow, Stephen Tremp, Livia Peterson, L. Diane Wolfe, and Nicole.


 And a very special thanks to founder Arlee Bird at Tossing It Out.

And of course I have to thank Indigo Eady, who showed up every day at my blog to talk about her paranormal misadventures! Thank you, Indigo!

Indigo Eady, illustrated by Corona Zschusschen

 
 
 
Bloggy Break
 
And now, I'm on Bloggy Break for May! I have a lot going on and will be incredibly busy this month, not to mention that blogging every day for a month sort of exhausted me. I like those blogs who posted Zzzzzzzz's for their last post. My sentiments exactly! I may be back to post something that comes up, but if not, I'll be back on June 3rd because the lovely Rachel Morgan will be here with a post about her new novel, The Faerie Prince!
 
 
***************************************************
 
 
What are your current writer insecurities?
 
How was your April?
 
What is your plan for May?


 


29 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break.

    Hugs and chocolate,
    Shelly

    I've got a demon in my series, too who is going to make someone else into one, too. So I try to keep it funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great blogcation. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be having a very busy blogcation, Maria. But the extra time away from blogging will help me to get other things done, I hope :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie. I'll come back refreshed, right?

      Delete
  4. I have a feeling May is going to be quiet on the blogosphere as everyone recovers from the challenge. :D

    Congrats, Gwen, on surviving it! There should be a t-shirt for those who blogged the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, May should be slow while we recover. I wish there was a T-Shirt, lol!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your blogging break! You really must be exhausted!
    (And as for MY insecurities at the moment ... with a second novel coming out in a month, I think you can imagine what they might be! Like what if no one likes this book as much as the first one?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, Rachel. I have a novel coming out in August and a novella in September. I hope people like it!

      Delete
  6. Better a break than a break down! Heal and rest. But I bet Life will have other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, no rest for the wicked, I already know that, lol!

      Delete
  7. Have a good break!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your excerpts were great, Gwen!
    Don't blame you for the break. My May is full, but I'll be easing back in June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you again for being a soldier!

    I hope you have a productive month off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping my short story I'm submitting makes it into a YA anthology, and my agent likes my recent manuscript revisions I sent off this morning! Not sure if those are insecurities.

    It sounds like you had a blast during A to Z! Demons, girl, I say... Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was fun reading about your book during A-Z. Enjoy your well deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @gwen, thanks for dropping by ACD throughout April! I really enjoyed so many of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the break! You've earned it.

    OTT is fine as long as it all makes sense within the story! I thought your posts were great and a lot of fun. Congrats on getting through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Taking some time off sounds like a good idea! I'm wrapping up school in 3 weeks, then I plan on doing the same thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, the Challenge was definitely interesting. Like you, I have some writing to catch up on and I suppose whenever we throw anything new into the mix, we'll have doubts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lucky that your post were pre-written but yes going around commenting is a lot of work as well. Congrats on making it to the end and I personally have a lot of writing to do in may. Along with reading with the ebooks I bought last month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your break! You deserve it.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! The A - Z Challenge is an enormous undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here's to taking a break and the renewal of stepping back, eh? Have a blast while you're away, and be sure to eat some cheese, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  20. See you in June, have a nice break.
    When you return, you might like to pick up a Liebster which I left for you at my site!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope your blogging break is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you're enjoying your break! I'm looking forward to reading more when you get back. ☺

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You all made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's remarkable in favor of me to have a website, which is useful designed for my know-how. thanks admin

    Have a look at my weblog; psn code Generator

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You left a comment! I love comments.